Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Capacity of Love

Here is what I know... There are so many capacities to love. For instance, I have a friend that LOVES love. Perhaps this person is just afraid of not having someone to love, but for the most part, this person loves to love. They feel everything and it is intoxicating to be around them. I also know someone that loves to feel comfortable. NO matter what the sacrifice on their part, they love to, even work to, feel comfortable. Myself, I love to see passion in people. It doesn't take a particular form, but it always feels good to see other's passions unfold in their lives. It makes me happy. (That might be why I want to be a teacher.) In the same sense, it makes me incredibly sad to see people settle. What is better? To feel safe or to hold out for your passion? Feeling safe has its advantages... loneliness is out the window for sure... but is it really? Aren't you always going to be missing some part of your self? I don't know. As for me, I choose to always choose my passion. Even though it might change, even though it might be scary and Uncomfortable, I choose my passion. Every time. No matter what.

No comments: